— Johnson Fistel, LLP (@JF_LLP) October 25, 2019
1. Where were you born and what makes that city special?
Chicago. The city’s wealth of diverse, hearty, and delicious food probably tops the list. Next, I’d have to say the people – mix New York hustle with mid-western generosity and you get Chicagoans. They have some of that rust-belt blue-collar edge along with the chic swagger of a major urban socialite. The people make the city, and the city definitely makes the people. The city’s skyline also has a place atop the list. If you’re a first time visitor or even a life-long resident, the skyline never ceases to impress.
2. What activities or hobbies do you enjoy the most?
Taking orders from my 2-year-old son, almost 5-year-old German Shepard, and lastly, my wife – in that very order. I also love to watch and play sports – both team and individual. I’ve been skiing since I was 3.
3. What inspired you to pursue the legal field?
The pursuit of a career as a sports agent, though a law degree isn’t necessary to become an agent. I’m currently certified as an agent/contract advisor with the NFLPA.
4. What did you do prior to graduating law school?
Graduated from Syracuse University with a BS in Finance and Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises. I effectively went straight from undergrad to law school, with a minor stint in Chicago while recovering from back surgery.
5. What motivates you as an attorney?
“Helping the little guy” – I’m a plaintiff’s lawyer with much of my practice focused in the class action arena. What’s more rewarding than taking on and defeating Goliath?
6. How would you describe yourself as a person?
I’m a kid at heart – enough said.
7. If you were an animal, which one would you want to be?
The proverbial “king of beasts” or “king of the jungle” – the Lion. Male or Female. I want those titles, too.
8. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what does that list include?
No, and I’ve never really taken to that concept.
9. Up to this point in your life, what is the achievement you are most proud of?
The family that I’ve helped create: my son, Cash; my dog, Nahla; and my wife, Tifanie.