Attorney Profile: Q&A with Mary Ellen Conner https://t.co/bWgGoh73Gn pic.twitter.com/31IGV56eb2
— Johnson Fistel, LLP (@JF_LLP) January 6, 2020
1. Where were you born and what makes that city special?
I am from Charlotte, North Carolina, born and raised. The best part of Charlotte is its proximity to both the beach and the mountains.
2. What activities or hobbies do you enjoy the most?
As of June 2019, I am officially a mom, so, of course, I love spending my free time with my husband, Dan, and our baby boy, Thomas, as well as my amazing step-kids, Jake and Katie.
Outside of spending time with my family, I love wine tasting, trying out the newest restaurants, and traveling.
3. What did you do prior to graduating law school?
Immediately before law school, I was in college at UNC-Chapel Hill from August 2004 through May 2008, so it wasn’t until summers during law school that I worked full-time.
During the summer after my first year in law school, I clerked for the Honorable Robert J. Conrad, Jr., former Chief Judge of the Western District of North Carolina in Charlotte, and after my second year of law school, I summered with Jones Day in Atlanta.
4. How long have you been a practicing attorney?
I have been practicing as an attorney for roughly seven years in addition to a one-year term teaching Civil Procedure and legal writing courses.
5. How would you describe yourself as a person?
A work in progress.
6. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what does that list include?
I do, and at the top of my list is going to Japan with my husband. After that, I would love to drive cross country with my family.
7. If you were an animal, which one would you want to be?
Anything that flies.
8. If you could meet anyone famous, who would it be?
Brian Cox, a physicist and host of Human Universe on BBC.