Johnson Fistel is helping senior citizens and their loved ones during the pandemic by giving away up to four free Portals (created by Facebook) every month until the end of the year, and perhaps longer depending upon demand and the needs of our community. More details about the Portal can be seen here. https://portal.facebook.com/
Senior citizens are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. The pandemic has forced many family members to end visits to parents and grandparents or stop visiting older loved ones at nursing homes. Observational and correlational studies have linked persistent feelings of social isolation and loneliness with higher risk of developing certain mental and physical health conditions like heart disease, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression and even premature death. Johnson Fistel wants to help.
Frank Johnson, the managing partner of Johnson Fistel, recently purchased a Portal for his dad living in a senior living home that has WiFi for its residents. “My dad does not know how to use a computer or even a smart phone. The Portal worked perfect for him after I created a Facebook profile for him and connected him with our family and friends. All he has to do is say: “Hey Portal… Call Frank [or any other friend]” and it makes a video call. Now I see my dad every day.”
The device has gained traction in part because it’s relatively easy to use, and works with WhatsApp and Messenger, another Facebook chat app. There are no monthly fees but the device only works with a good internet connection. It has a smart camera that keeps you in frame even if you’re moving around the room. There are many additional features beyond the video chat. Having Alexa installed, it can play music, play the news, say what the weather is like outside, among other things.
The official rules of the September 2020 Johnson Fistel Portal Giveaway
- The applicant must (1) write a short paragraph telling us why he or she should be selected, (2) have a family member or loved one who is 65 years or older who will use the Portal, (3) confirm the family member or loved one has a good internet connection, and (4) be willing to setup the Portal and Facebook account for the family member or loved one.
- There is absolutely no purchase necessary. Liking or following Johnson Fistel on Facebook or LinkedIn is purely optional.
- To be eligible, the applicant must be a United States citizen and resident.
- Applications will be accepted from the date of the first announcement of the September 2020 Johnson Fistel Portal Giveaway through September 25, 2020.
- Winners will be selected based on need as determined by Johnson Fistel’s exclusive discretion after reviewing all applications that qualify.
- Winners will be announced on or before September 30, 2020.
- Johnson Fistel will give away up to 4 Portals, subject to availability from the manufacturer, which have a retail value of $179. More details about the Portal can be seen here https://portal.facebook.com/.
Johnson Fistel will arrange to have the Portals shipped in the United States directly to the winning applicant who must provide all shipping details.