Mr. Nervig is a tenacious litigator with practical securities industry experience obtained from working as both a Dean Witter stockbroker prior to attending law school and as a compliance attorney after graduation. Mr. Nervig has successfully recovered in excess of $20 million dollars on behalf of his clients.
Areas of Practice: For over 23 years, Mr. Nervig’s practice has focused primarily upon the representation of investors in securities litigation matters in FINRA arbitration proceedings, as well as matters in both state and federal court. Mr. Nervig is experienced handling all manner of securities sales practice claims ranging from suitability violations, churning, unauthorized trading, and fraud. Mr. Nervig is particularly adept at pursuing secondary liability claims arising from Ponzi schemes, unregistered securities sales, and anti-money laundering violations. Mr. Nervig also routinely represents creditors in bankruptcy adversary proceedings involving securities violation discharge avoidance matters pursuant to §523(a)(19) of the Bankruptcy Code.
Professional Qualifications and Activities: Mr. Nervig is currently admitted in good standing with the following courts:
- All courts in the State of Arizona (1997)
- All courts in the State of California (2003)
- All courts in the State of Colorado (1993)
- The United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- The United States District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of California
- The United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Mr. Nervig is also a member of the following organizations:
- American Bar Association (Member Sections of Business Law and Litigation)
- Denver Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego North County Bar Association
- Southwest Riverside County Bar Association
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- Arbitrator, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and San Diego County Bar Association Fee Arbitration Committee
- Former Member New York Stock Exchange and National Association of Securities Dealers
Education: Mr. Nervig received his Juris Doctor degree from the Claude W. Petit College of Law at Ohio Northern University in 1992. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1988 from the Metropolitan State University of Denver.